It is the Company’s Policy to promote and enhance Health and Safety at Sea, Prevention of Human Injury or loss of life, welfare of employees and avoidance of any adverse impact on the environment (marine or otherwise), including property.
The Company’s objectives regarding Safety Management are:
- To provide for Safe Practices in ship Operation and a safe and healthy working environment.
- To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment.
- To establish safeguards against identified risks and to operate the ships within ALARP (“as low as reasonably practicable”) levels of risk.
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety & Environmental Protection.
In order to effectively implement its Health, Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy the Company:
- Has appointed dedicated personnel with the responsibility to maintain an overview of Health, Safety and Environment matters.
- Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
- Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications which are issued by maritime organisations and are directed towards creating a safe and pollution free (zero spill) environment.
- Continuously monitors all safety aspects of the vessels.
- Frequently inspects and audits the vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas.
- Provides adequate resources to effectively implement this management system.
- Provides a framework for setting & reviewing environmental & other objectives and targets
All Company employees, shore based and sea going are responsible for implementing the company’s Health, Safety Management & Environmental Protection Policy.The Company’s Management is responsible for monitoring and reviewing this Policy at regular intervals in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.