The Crew Department is responsible for ensuring that all vessels are efficiently and effectively manned with fully qualified and experienced seafarers in accordance with the relevant STCW & Flag Administration requirements.
Seafarer Performance and Retention
- Employ seafarers who meet company standards and strive to improve their performance.
- Implement an effective appraisal and training system to enhance seafarer skills and retention.
- Establish an active promotion scheme to recognize and reward high-performing seafarers.
Manning Agent Selection and Compliance
- Partner with Manning Agents who consistently meet industry certification standards and company requirements.
- Ensure compliance with STCW and respective Flag Administrations’ regulations for Manning Agents.
Implementing an Effective Drug & Alcohol Program
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive Drug & Alcohol Program that is efficient and in line with industry best practices.
- Conduct regular and thorough testing to maintain a zero-tolerance approach and eliminate any instances of alcohol or narcotics use.
- Provide necessary support, counseling, and resources to assist seafarers in overcoming substance-related challenges while promoting a safe and healthy work environment.
Have any questions?
Feel free to get in touch for any inquires.