Policy The Company is committed to conducting its business with honesty and integrity and expect all staff, whether shore or sea-based to maintain these high standards.
All staff is required to comply with International Laws as mandated by IMO conventions, including but not limited to SOLAS and MARPOL as well as the National Laws of the Port State each vessel is operating into.
If, at any time, a member of the Company’s staff or a seafarer is aware of, or suspects, any of the occurrences listed below, they must report the matter to the Company immediately so that steps can be taken to deal with it appropriately. Failure to notify in these circumstances is considered as grounds for disciplinary procedures which includes up to dismissal or even legal processes.
The following are examples of cases which can lead to ‘suspicion’ and do constitute information related to the provisions of this Policy:
- Non-compliance with the International or other National legislation and/or Company procedures, particularly in relation to health and safety at work and environmental protection;
- The environment has been, or is likely to be, damaged;
- Dishonesty, either verbally, written or through intentionally maintaining official log books or records inaccurately;
- Violation or non-ethical conduct of operations (onboard and ashore);
- A breach, or likely breach, of any legal obligation or regulatory requirement;
- A breach of any of the Company’s Policies.
If a member of staff has a legitimate concern in (and holds a reasonable belief that the information he/she has relates to) one of the above areas and he/she wishes to raise the concern in good faith, it should be raised with the Master, the DPA or other Company representative who may be able to agree a way of resolving the concern quickly and effectively.
All reports will be promptly investigated and treated confidentially to the extent reasonably possible.
Anyone who reports a concern shall be protected and all relevant information disclosed will remain confidential.
The Company will not retaliate or allow retaliation against personnel who make reports in good faith. Anyone who retaliates threatens or attempts to retaliate against such persons may be subject to discipline.
Any reports should be made by utilizing either of the following means:
Telephone (24/7): +30 6982 711 799 or +30 6978 999 912